Welcome to ICAR JSS KVK
ICAR JSS Krishi Vigyan Kendra (ICAR JSS KVK) is the transfer project of ICAR in agriculture and allied fields to narrow the gap between generation of technologies and its transfer to the farmers. The main aim is to increase the agricultural output and thereby improve the socio-economic status of farmers. The KVK is implementing activities in different disciplines viz., Agronomy, Plant protection, Horticulture, Sericulture, Seed Technology, Animal Science, Home Science and Soil Science as per the mandates laid out by ICAR.
Vision, Mission & Mandate
- Conducting on-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Organizing frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmers’ fields.
- Organizing need based training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies related to technology assessment, refinement and demonstration, and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Creating awareness about improved technologies to larger masses through appropriate extension programmes.
- Production and supply of good quality seeds and planting materials, livestock, poultry and fisheries breeds and products and various bio-products to the farming community.
- Work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.