Welcome to JSSKVK
With his vision of upliftment rural communities as a necessary step towards all-round development of society, His Holiness Sri Shivarathri Deshikendra Mahaswamiji has initiated the Krishi Vigyan Kendra in 1994 in Suttur - a village located on the scenic surroundings of the river Kapila in Nanjangud taluk, Mysore district. It is the culmination of the vision of His Holiness and the response of the host insitution JSS Mahavidyapeetha to the growing needs of the farming community in the district. The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, supports this project through its zonal coordinating office i.,e Agriculture Technology Application Research Institute (ATARI), Zone-XI based in Bangalore. Introducing new technology options through on-farm testing, frontline demonstrations, training and encouraging the farmers to adopt appropriate technologies for their socio-economic well being is the overarching purpose of the KVK.
- Conducting on-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Organizing frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmers’ fields.
- Organizing need based training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies related to technology assessment, refinement and demonstration, and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Creating awareness about improved technologies to larger masses through appropriate extension programmes.
- Production and supply of good quality seeds and planting materials, livestock, poultry and fisheries breeds and products and various bio-products to the farming community.
- Work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.